Visas - General Information Print

  1. Effective March 1st 2010, all US Citizens are required to present U. S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card when entering Mexico (traveling by air, land or sea).

  2. US Permanent Residents traveling by air, land or sea to Mexico are required to present a valid Permanent Resident Card. If you do not have that card consult other documentation also accepted to probe the US Permanent Residence status. (Link)

  3. Other nationalities, Non-US Permanent Residents. Starting May 1st, 2010, all those foreigners, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico for tourist, business or transit matters won't need a Mexican visa as long as they have with them a valid and not expired USA visa in the passport. In this context, if you have a valid US visa in the passport you do not need to obtain a Mexican visa.

  4. If the US visa stamped in your passport already expired but you have an official document or form probing your legal status in USA, you should apply for a Mexican visa at this Consulate (I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 Forms won’t be good enough for entering to Mexico). How to apply? (Link)

  5. Diplomatic and Official visas. Contact the Visas Department at the Mexican Consulate (Link)

  6. Frequently Asked Questions (Link)

You can also contact the Visas Department at:
212-217-6431 or 212-217-6433

Back ...

Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 May 2015 08:52

México, Algunos derechos reservados