For holders of Mexican Non-Immigrant or Immigrant status wishing to take their household items into Mexico. The detailed list of your household effects must be certified by the Consulate prior to import before Mexican Customs. A six months period is allowed from the date of the abovementioned Status granting to take your household into Mexico.
- Apply in person from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Valid passport and four copies of pages containing personal information, photograph, expiration date/extensions and special endorsements.
- Original Non-Immigrant or Immigrant Card/Visa and four copies.
- Written Request addressed to the Consulate of México in Boise
- Typed itemized list of your household effects in Spanish, with four photocopies. Such must specify:
1) The United States address indicating time of residence.
2) New address in Mexico.
3) Description of all articles, including those contained in boxes. All electronics and electrical appliances must indicate brand, model and serial numbers.
- Cover the $127.00 Fee.
Response time: Five business days after approval.
IMPORTANT: THE CERTIFICATE OF HOUSEHOLD ITEMS IS GRANTED ONCE IN A LIFETIME PER FAMILY. CONSULAR OFFICERS MAY REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DURING INTERVIEW. INITIAL APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE IMMEDIATE APPROVAL.