READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY
Please note that effective June 2019, regardless of age, individual appointments for visas are required and shall be made through the MEXITEL service portal at https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx/citas.webportal/pages/public/login/login.jsf (Chrome browser is recommended) or over the phone at 1 877 639 4835
All foreigners should bear a valid and unexpired passport or travel document with at least six months of validity.
If you wish to travel to Mexico as a tourist, in transit or for non-remunerated activities, for a period of less than 180 days, you DO NOT NEED A VISA if you are a holder of:
- an unexpired visa (any class) from Canada, the United States of America, Japan, UK or any country pertaining the Schengen Space.
- a valid and unexpired card that shows permanent residence in Canada, the United States of America, Japan, UK or any other country pertaining the Schengen Space or any country member of the “Alianza del Pacifico”.
If your visa or permanent residence card expired, hold an advance parole form such as I-20; I-157; I-797; I-512L or DS-2019 among others you will NEED TO APPLY FOR A VISA.
For NUT (work visa subject to consular interview), Temporarily and Permanent RESIDENT VISAS, students, and other visas for stays longer than 180 days please scroll down to get the requirements, download and fill out a visa application.
If your MEXICAN resident card is lost or stolen set up an appointment and don’t forget to bring the police report with you at the time of your interview.
During the interview, you must present all documentation in original in order to process your application.
- Countries and Regions that Require Visa to Visit Mexico
- Countries and Regions that Don't Require Visa to Visit Mexico
- PASSPORTS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF YOUR INTERVIEW.
- The person applying for the visa must be present at the time of the interview.
- Additional documents can be required depending on the interview, please come prepared with financial, residency and work information.
- DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR FLIGHT TICKET WITHOUT HAVING YOUR VISA.
- Regardless of the outcome, NON-REFUNDABLE visa process fee is $36 US dollars.
- Once you have your consular interview, visa process will take up to 10 business days, NO EXCEPTIONS ARE MADE.
- Appointments are available Monday through Thursday 12:00 pm through 1:00 pm
- Visas can be picked up PERSONALLY, Monday through Thursday 1:00pm through 2:00 pm (visas will not be mailed)
For all other inquiries your email will be answered within a period of 48-72 hours.
Push the button related to your activity in Mexico to view your visa requirements: