Visa for visitors with authorization for lucrative activities

If the purpose of entering into Mexico is working there and you will receive a salary or payment (lucrative activities), you will have to apply for a prior authorization to the National Immigration Institute in Mexico. In that case, you will receive an authorization number (NUT number).

As soon as the NUT authorization has been issued you must be in contact with this Consulate in order to schedule one appointment and to process a visa. Once you make the appointment you only will have 10 days for the interview and the issuance of your visa.

  • US valid passport (at least 6 months), or
  • Foreign valid passport with valid permit to enter de US, US multiple entry visa, or valid US resident card.
  • Oficio (official Letter from the Mexican Immigration office - INM) with NUT permit number.
  • 3 photographs: 2 front and 1 right profile, passport size, no glasses.
  • 2 application forms duly filled out (will be provided by the Consulate).
  • Pay the consular fee at the Consulate: US $36.00

The visa is issued for one entry, and you must continue the process at INM within the next 30 calendar days after your entry into the country to obtain the Temporary Resident card.


For more information, please call:


Tel. (915)533-3644 / 533-3645 ext. 241