Temporary resident students

This type of visa is for you if:

  • You are traveling to study in Mexico
  • You don´t have a work authorization


  • Apply at this Consulate General in person
  • Fill out the Application form
  • One photo passport size (size 1.5 x 1.3/4 inches), in color, no glasses
  • Valid passport in original and one photocopy of the pages containing personal information, photograph of bearer and expiration date/extensions
  • Valid US visa for multiple entries; at least with 3 months of validity at the time of your filing and one photocopy
  • Valid I-20 in original and one photocopy
  • Original Acceptance letter from the School/Institution/University must include:
  1. Applicant´s full name.
  2. Level of Study/Degree
  3. Field/program of study
  4. Name of program/studies/course
  5. Tuition Fee
  6. Full name of institution


Economic Solvency

Last twelve months of Bank Statements, last twelve months of international credit cards statements probing to have a permanent income for at least 727.00 US dollars or a letter proving to have a scholarship or other financial assistance.


Sponsor by parents or legal guardian (for students under 25 years old):

  • Original Notarized Letter from parents stating that they will be sending their son or daughter the amount of, at least 727.00.00 US dollars per month, besides tuition (Affidavit of support)
  • ID copy of parents (valid passports) and Applicant’s birth certificate (original and copy)
  • Other proof of economic solvency, including last three months of Bank Statements, last three months of international credit cards statements, and Employment Letter stating position and salary per month, proving to have a permanent monthly income for at least 727.00 US dollars.

 For more information, please call:

Tel. (915)533-3644 / 533-3645 ext. 241