TEMPORARY RESIDENCE VISA
**Applicants are required to apply and pick-up the visa IN PERSON.
This type of visa is for you if:
· You will stay in Mexico for more than 180 days.
· You are travelling to Mexico for retirement, investments, professional activities, technical activities, artistic activities, scientific activities, and sport activities, and,
· You will not work, receive payment or have a work authorization permit.
2. Fill out the Visa Application Form. Download here.The Chinese version is available here.
3. Valid passport and one photocopy of main pages with info.
4. Proof of legal stay in Hong Kong or Macao.
5. One passport size photo, white background, no glasses.
6. Proof of financial solvency with one of the following documents:
- Original and one photocopy of bank statements or paystubs for the last six months. The monthly income must exceed $1,200 USD plus $500 for each dependent, or,
- Original and one photocopy of investment or saving accounts statements for the last twelve months. The monthly average balance must exceed $20,000 USD, or,
- Employment letter specifying your position and salary.
a) Invitation Letter. If a company/organization/association in Mexico is sponsoring or inviting you, the applicant can submit an original invitation letter* which must include the following:
1. Addressed to the Consulate General of Mexico in Hong Kong.
2. Exact purpose or activity and length of time for the trip to Mexico.
3. How your expenses will be covered.
4. Applicant´s full name.
5. Registration number of the company/organization, plus address, complete name and contact information of the company/organization.
6. Copy of ID of the person who signed the invitation letter.
Please arrive to your visa appointment 5 minutes before your assigned time slot.
Processing time: Same day between 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fee: HKD 280, cash only, exact change.
Address: 2502, Lee Garden Two, 28 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
Tel: (852) 2511-3305 (General Enquiry)
Tel: (852) 3944-8377 (Visa application)
Fax: (852) 2845-3404