Visa for visitors without authorization for lucrative activities

This type of visa is for you if:

  • You are traveling to Mexico for vacations, transit, business, technical activities, artistic activities, scientific activities, sport activities, correspondent or journalist, ministers of religion.
  • You will be in Mexico for up to 180 days.
  • You don´t have a work authorization.


  • Apply at this Consulate General in person
  • Fill out the Application form, English or Spanish.
  • Valid passport in original and one photocopy of the pages containing personal information, photograph of bearer and expiration date/extensions
  • Valid US visa for multiple entries and one photocopy
  • Valid I-94 and/or I-20 or J-1 or I-797A Form in original and one photocopy
  • One photo passport size (size 1.5 x 1.3/4 inches), in color, no glasses
  • Proof of address in USA (leasing, bills with magnetic band issued by US Postal Service, etc)
  • Original financial records (last six months of your bank statements in US Dollars, last six months of pay stubs, employment letter specifying your position and salary and the last six months of international credit card statements. You can also submit original and official documents proving the ownership of a property/company/business and one photocopy of them
  • If a company/organization in Mexico is sponsoring or inviting the foreign national, the applicant can submit an original invitation letter* from them (the invitation must have a letterhead, address and signed in ink. Scanned or pdf versions won´t be accepted)
  • Payment or Consular fee (see fee tab) (only cash or money order)
  • If you can probe that you are an international traveler, Mexican citizen´s spouse or international freight cargo driver ask for the Long-Term Visitor Visa (Visa de Larga Duración, in Spanish).


To apply, minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by parents (or legal guardian) and to submit original and official documentation proving filiation (relationship between parents and child) or legal status as a legal guardian.

*Invitation Letter
  • Original Invitation Letter from the company/organization based in Mexico must be addressed to the Consulate of Mexico in Little Rock requesting the visa and specifying:

  • Exact purpose or activity and length of time for the trip to Mexico

  • How your expenses will be covered

  • Applicant´s full name

  • Registration number of the company/organization, plus address, complete name and contact information of the company/organization

  • Copy of ID of the person who signed the invitation letter