PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA
This type of visa is for you if:
- You are moving to Mexico to be there indefinitely
- You don´t have a work authorization
- You are retired
- Apply at this Consulate in person
- Schedule an appointment (One appointment per applicant)
- Fill out the Application form, English or Spanish.
- Valid passport in original and one photocopy of the pages containing personal information, photograph of bearer and expiration date/extensions.
- Valid US visa for multiple entries or original migratory document proving your legal status in US, and one photocopy
- One photo passport size, in color, no glasses.
- Original Letter typed addressed to the Consulate General of Mexico specifying the purpose of your entry in Mexico. The letter should include your request to have Permanent Resident Visa, date of travel and port of entry, address in Mexico in US and Mexico. (original).
- Documents proving your economic solvency. Last six bank statements (the complete official statement month by month, with full name and address – NO P.O. Box), in which reflect direct deposit from SSA monthly income of $3,000.00 per month with a minimum average balance of $2,500.00 us dollars at the end of the month.
- If you have Investments, you can present the last twelve months statements (the complete official statement month by month, with full name and address – NO P.O. Box) of the financial institution, showing $80,000 us dollars as an average balance at the end of the month.
Economic Dependent(immediate family members ONLY): If the person also applies for the visa, the minimum income required will be the equivalent of 25% additional per month for each member. The income required may consist of rents, pensions or income from interest or cash deposits in banking institutions, which can be proved with bank statements or a letter from a bank or government office from where the applicant receives his income, informing the monthly amount that he receives.
- Note: If the documents are from outside of the United States, you must present the original apostilled or legalized and translated into Spanish by an official translator) original and one copy.
- If the case of an economic dependent, the applicant must present the marriage certificate (if marriage took place outside the United States, you must present an original apostilled or legalized and translated into Spanish by an official translator. (original and one copy)
- Payment or Consular fee
The Mexican visa gives you the possibility of travelling to the country. The entry into Mexican territory depends on Mexican immigration authorities at the port of entry.
Note: additional paperwork may be asked in certain instances.
For your convenience, if you do not speak English and/or Spanish you must be accompanied by an interpreter.