As of 2019, the Embassies and Consulates of Mexico abroad assumed the functions of commercial promotion and attraction of investments previously carried out by ProMéxico.
Therefore, this Consulate General has now a specialized section dedicated to the promotion of Mexican exports and the attraction of foreign direct investment (FDI).
With a view to supporting the Mexican private sector through greater commercial promotion and a greater presence of domestic products and services abroad, the commercial section has the following objectives:
- Support Mexican companies in their internationalization process in Quebec and the Atlantic provinces.
- Promote the realization of business forums and seminars to promote commercial exchange and investment attraction.
- Promote visits and Mexican business missions interested in exporting to this market and to participate in specialized fairs and other commercial events.
- Attending and following up the commercial consultations of local businessmen.
- Address requests for support from Mexican agencies related to economic-commercial aspects.
- Detect foreign investment opportunities in strategic sectors for the Mexican economy.
We also provide you with the following websites where you can find more information of a commercial nature:
Ministry of Economy of Quebec
Secretary of Economy of Mexico
Chamber of Commerce Mexico Canada