PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA (Retired)
1. Valid passport and copy of the main page.
2. One color passport picture, passport, front view, with no eyeglasses and white background.
3. Letter from the Institution from you are receiving your pension.
4. Document that proves that the applicant is a foreign legal resident of the USA (I-797, I-20 advance parole, etc).
5. $36.00 dollars in cash or credit/debit payment (Visa or MasterCard or money orders payable to the Consulate of Mexico).
6. Proof of economic solvency:
a) Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with a balance of at least $101,944.44.00 US Dollars during the previous 12 months. OR
b) Original and copy of documents showing that the applicant has a job or pension that yields a monthly income of $2,038.89US Dollars after taxes during the previous 6 months.
No appointment is required. We accept applications Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 1 pm. The visa is issue the same day.
After entering Mexico with this visa, you only have 30 days to go to the Immigration Office to obtain your permanent or temporary resident card.
Consulate of Mexico
901 Convention Center Blvd. Suite 119
New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: (504) 581-5868