PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA (RETIRED)
1. Visa application (Click here). Please print double sided ( front and back on one sheet).
2. Valid passport. Photocopy of the main page that has your personal data, picture and signature.
3. One color passport photograph with maximum measurements of 1.5 in. x 1.3in., front view, with no eyeglasses and white background.
4. Original letter from the Institution whom you are receiving your pension from.
5. Letter of Intent, addressed to the consulate of Mexico, explaining the exact purpose of the trip to Mexico. Please specify the city you will stay, and declare where your earnings come from (ex: savings, salary or pension in USA).
6. For Non USA Citizens, document that proves that the applicant is a foreign legal resident of the USA (Ex: Form I-797, I-20 advance parole, etc.)
7. Fee for the visa is $36.00 dollars. We accept cash, credit card or money orders payable to the Consulate of Mexico).
8. Proof of economic solvency:
a) Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with a balance of at least $117,188.33 US Dollars during the previous 12 months. OR
b) Original and copy of documents showing that the applicant has a job or pension that yields a monthly income of $2,343.77 US Dollars after taxes during the previous 6 months.
· TOTAL AMOUNT SUBJECT TO CHANGE MONTHLY, DEPENDING ON EXCHANGE RATE.
· WE ACCEPT APPLICATIONS TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY, FROM 9 AM TO 1 PM.
Applicants must apply in person. Please set an appointment by phone, e-mail or in person.
After entering Mexico with this visa, you only have 30 days to go to the Immigration Office to obtain your permanent resident card.
Consulate of Mexico
901 Convention Center Blvd. Suite 119
New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: (504) 581-5868
Fax :( 504) 528-3724