2. Valid passport and copy of the main page.
3. One color picture, passport size, front view, with no eyeglasses and white background.
4. Document that proves that the applicant is a foreign legal resident of the USA (I-797, I-20 advance parole, etc).
5. $36.00 dollars in cash or credit/debit payment (Visa or MasterCard or money orders).
6. Proof of economic solvency:
a) Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with a balance of at least $4,077.78 US Dollars during the previous 12 months. OR
b) Original and copy of documents showing that the applicant has a job or pension that yields a monthly income of $409.82 US Dollars after taxes during the previous 6 months.
Economic solvency can be satisfied by the student, his or her parents or whoever has the legal custody over the student, as long as he or she is not older than 25 years of age. It can also be proved by original document attesting that the student has received a full scholarship.
7. Original signed acceptance letter from the school or university where you will study. Such letter should include:
a) Your complete name.
b) Fully described program to be studied, including level.
c) Name, cost and dates when the course starts and ends.
d) Full name of the school or university.
If the applicant is a minor both parents should be present to sign the application. If only one parent is present, it is mandatory to submit a notarized authorization (Spanish or English) from the other parent. If minors or persons requiring legal guardianship attend by themselves or someone different to their parents, it is mandatory to submit a notarized document in which their parents or legal guardianship authorize the visa application.
Consulate of Mexico:
901 Convention Center Blvd. Suite 119
New Orleans, LA 70130