For General information (212) 217 6400
Documentation for Mexican National
(Passports, Consular ID, Pre-Military Service ID and OP7):
If you already have an appointment, office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (last appointment 6:45 p.m.)
Procedures that DON'T require appointment are:
- OP -7 - formats available from Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (last appointment 6:45 p.m.)
- Pre-Military Service ID (for men 18 y/o+) Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (last appointment 6:45 p.m.)
Department of Protection of Mexican Nationals:
The Department of Protection for Mexican Nationals offers assistance without appointment from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday on the 2nd floor at the Consulate.
For further questions about any case or opening hours please contact the following numbers: (212) 217-6432, -6434, -6435 or -6429
Department for Civil Registration (birth registration, birth certificates, marriage, etc):
For any Civil Registration service is necessary to schedule an appointment:
- Birth Registration (Dual Nationality) office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Make your appointment through MEXITEL 1 (877) 639-4835 or online (click here)
- Marriage inquiries call for appointment at (212) 217-6477.
- Birth Certificates make an appointment at (212) 217-6477.
Department of Visas for Foreigners:
To apply for a Visa, you must make an appointment online (click here)
Department for Legal Affairs (Power of Attorney, Household Inventory Permits, Wills, etc):
Office hours: 8:30 am to 1 pm and must request an appointment online (click here)
Starting January 2017, for any legal affairs' procedure (POWER OF ATTORNEY) made in the Consulate General of Mexico in New York, it is required to make an online appointment ONLY through the following website: