Voters ID for Mexicans from Abroad
Since February 2016, it became possible for Mexicans to apply for a voter card at your nearest Consulate for Mexican electoral decisions.
- Make your appointment through MEXITEL (1877) 639-4835 or online
- Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (schedules in the eastern US).
- Come to the Consulate date/time of your appointment with the following documents:
- original birth certificate or certified copy
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Proof of address.
The procedure is free of charge. The Consulate will receive applications to process this credential. In a period of approximately 3-4 weeks the National Electoral Institute (INE) will send the credential directly through mail to the address registered by the applicant.
For more information, please visit the following website: http://www.ine.mx/archivos2/portal/credencial/extranjero/preparadocumentos.html