Window of Financial Counseling
The Ventanilla is a program of the Consulate General of Mexico in New York in collaboration with:
Free and confidential support on managing your finances!
Would you like to learn how to:
- Open a savings and checking account?
- Save more?
- Better manage your money?
- Prepare your taxes?
- Establish or repair your credit in the US?
- Reduce your debts and negotiate with creditors?
For more information and appointments call (212) 217 6424 or visit the Consulate General of Mexico in New York, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm.
Opening a business in Mexico
Find out which are the requirements and paperwork needed in order to start your own business in México.
Starting a business in The United States
10 easy steps to help you plan, prepare and manage your business in the tri-state área
Join the first community of Mexican businesspersons and entrepreneurs.
- Small Business Development Center Nueva York
- Small Business Development Center Nueva Jersey
- Small Business Development Center Connecticut
- New York City Business Solutions
- Women Entrepreneurs New York City
- Immigrant Business Initiative
- Qualitas of Life Foundation
Financial Services in Mexico
Financial services and institutions in Mexico
Wiring money to Mexico (remittances)
- INADEM | Instituto Nacional del Emprendedor (National Institute of the Entrepreneur)
- CONDUSEF | Comisión Nacional para la Protección y Defensa de los Usuarios de Servicios Financieros (National Commission for the Protection of Users of Financial Services)
- CONSAR | Comisión Nacional del Sistema de Ahorro para el Retiro (National Commission for the Pension System)
- Profeco | Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor (Federal Attorney's Office of Consumer)
Background: On March 10, 2014 the Consulate General, the Office of Financial Empowerment of New York City and the Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund signed a Memorandum of Understanding to launch the Window of Financial Counseling, a program focused on providing the Mexican community in New York City with general information, individual counseling, and group workshops on various topics related to financial services.
The Ventanilla is run by Ariva, a non-profit organization with expertise on financial empowerment, with the support of Qualitas Of Life Foundation.
Results: From March 2014 to October 12, 2018, the Ventanilla has served 79,742 people and has provided 7,308 individual counseling sessions at the Consulate.