Welcome to the Visas Department of the Consulate General of Mexico in Phoenix, Arizona.
IMPORTANT VISA NOTICE:
AS OF JULY 1ST OF 2017 ONLY VISA APPLICANTS WITH APPOINTMENTS WILL BE RECEIVED.
To set your visa appointment please log in at:
TO SELECT LANGUAGE PREFERENCES IT IS ON THE TOP RIGHT CORNER.
1. All U.S.A Citizens are required to present U.S.A Passport when entering Mexico (traveling by air, land or sea) at the point of entry.
2. Electronic Multiple Migratory Form for air travel (FMME AÉREA) is an advanced way to register your entry into Mexico.
To obtain this form:
1. Go to the following link: http://www.gob.mx/inm/articulos/fmm-electronica-aerea
2. Fill the online application form (must download Adobe Reader).
3. Print you FMM form and keep it with you in hand.
***ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR FMM ONLINE YOU STILL WILL HAVE TO STOP AT POINT OF ENTRY INTO MEXICO TO GET THE OFFICAL SEAL BY IMMIGRATION. IF YOU DO NOT GET THE OFFICAL SEALS PLEASE KNOW THAT IT’S NOT VALID.
**OBTAINING YOUR FMM ONLINE DOES NOT GUARATEE YOUR ENTRY INTO MEXICO.
*THIS IS JUST ANOTHER OPTION TO OBTAIN A TOURIST VISA IF TRAVELING BY AIR. IF YOU ARE TRAVELING BY LAND PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT IT CAN ONLY BE OBTAINED AT YOUR POINT OF ENTRY INTO MEXICO.
Disclaimer: Being granted a Mexican visa does not guarantee your entry into Mexico.
3. Tourism incentives (visiting Mexico for unpaid activities and for a stay of less than 180 days) :
Þ USA Permanent Residents traveling by air, land or sea to Mexico are required to present a valid Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) and a valid and not expired passport or travel document.
Þ Other nationalities, Non-USA Permanent Residents. All those foreign nationals, regardless of their nationality won't need a Mexican visa as long as they are holders of a valid and not expired U.S.A visa in their passport.
Þ Foreign visitors who, regardless of their nationality, have a valid Permanent Resident Card from Canada, the United States of America, Japan, United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area; do not require a Mexican visa.
Þ All foreigners holders of a valid visa, from Canada, the United States of America, Japan, United Kingdom or any of the countries comprising the Schengen Area, may also travel to Mexico for up to 180 days with a valid passport.
***List of all Schengen Area: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Liechtenstein.
4. If the U.S.A visa stamped in your passport is already expired but you have an official document or form proving your legal status in USA, you should apply for a Mexican visa at this Consulate (I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 Forms won’t be good enough for entering into Mexico without a Mexican visa).
All visas have a processing Fee of $36.00USD Non-refundable in order for the application to be submitted.
Consular interview DOES NOT guarantee the issue of the visa.
The Consul of Mexico has the right to request more documents if needed.
Visas (Types of visas and requirements).
8. Traveling with pets (http://www.senasica.gob.mx/?Idioma=2&id=623)