Visitors* or Temporary Residence* with Authorization for Lucrative Activities Visa
If the purpose of the trip to Mexico is working there to receive a salary or payment (lucrative activities) you will have to apply for prior authorization to the National Immigration Institute in Mexico. In that case, you will receive an authorization number (NUT number).
As soon as the letter with the authorization number (NUT number) has been issued you must visit the Consulate of Mexico in Portland during the visa services hours with all the requirements listed below in order to request an interview, and if it is the case, process a visa. Keep in mind that once the letter with your authorization has been issued by the office of the National Immigration Institute in Mexico you only have 15 days to request an interview at a Consulate of Mexico.
- All applicants must come in person to the Consulate's office (1305 SW 12th Ave, Portland, OR), mailed applications will not be accepted.
- Fill out the Application form, English or Español
- Valid passport and one photocopy of the pages containing personal information, bearer’s photograph and signature and expiration date/extensions.
- Copy of the official letter that includes the authorization number (NUT number).
- Valid US visa for multiple entries and one photocopy (non US citizens only).
- Valid I-94 and, for the cases where it applies, valid signed I-20 or J-1 or I-797A or I-512L forms in original and one photocopy (non US citizens only).
- One recent passport size photo (size 1.5 x 1.3/4 inches), in color, white background, no glasses, no smiling.
- Payment of Consular fee of $36.00USD, those applying for visitors with authorization for lucrative activities visa must also pay Mexican immigration fees of $210.00USD. Acceptable forms of payments are cash, debit or credit card, no personal checks accepted.
The visa process can take up to 10 working days after the application has been submitted, once processed you will be contacted with appointment information for an in-person interview.
THE VISA SERVICES HOURS ARE: MONDAY, WEDNESDAY OR FRIDAY FROM 12:00PM TO 1:30PM.
*Visitor with authorization for lucrative activities visa is for those authorized work in Mexico for less than 180 days. Temporary Residence with authorization for lucrative activities visa is for those authorized work in Mexico for more than 180 days but less than 4 years.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Filing an application does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. All applicants must be interviewed by a consular official who will determine the approval of the visa issuance.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT:
Some cases are required to have an additional review and approval from the Mexican Immigration Authority; this process can take up to 10 additional working days. Unfortunately, the Consulate cannot do anything to expedite this procedure.
CONSULATE OF MEXICO IN PORTLAND JURISDICTION: OREGON STATE AND SW WASHINGTON (CLICKITAT, SKAMANIA AND CLARK COUNTIES).