US Citizens, US Permanent Residents:
Effective March 1st 2010, all US Citizens, US Permanent Residents – including children – are required to present a valid US Passport, US Passport Card or Permanent Resident Card when entering Mexico (traveling by air, land or sea). If you do not have the aforementioned documents, consult other documentation accepted to prove your US Permanent Residence status. (Link)

Other nationalities and Non-US Permanent Residents:
Starting May 1st, 2010, all foreign nationals, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico for tourism, business and/or transit matters for less than 180 days; do not need a Mexican visa as long as they have a valid (not expired) USA visa in the passport. In this context, if you have a valid US visa in your passport you do not need to obtain a Mexican visa.

If the US visa stamped your passport already expired, but you have an official document or form to prove your legal status in USA, you should apply for a Mexican visa at this Consulate (I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 Forms won’t be good enough for entering to Mexico).

The requirements to obtain a visa to travel to Mexico may vary depending on the purpose of the trip.

  • Please review carefully the information contained in the specific visa section and visit us at our office once you have completed all the requirements.
  • You do not need to make an appointment.
  • Applicants are requested to apply for a visa in person at the Consulate with their paperwork.

The office hours to apply for a Mexican visa are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12:00 hrs to 13:30 hrs.



Available Visas:

Visa for Permanent Residents

Visa for Temporary Resident Students

Temporary Residents without Authorization for Lucrative Activities Visa

Visitors with Authorization for Lucrative Activities Visa

Visitors without Authorization for Lucrative Activities Visa