Visa for Permanent Residents
This type of visa is for you if:
- You will be in Mexico indefinitely.
- You don’t have a work authorization.
- All applicants must come in person to the Consulate's office (1305 SW 12th Ave, Portland, OR), mailed applications will not be accepted.
- Fill out the Application form, English or Español.
- Valid passport and one photocopy of the pages containing personal information, bearer’s photograph and signature and expiration date/extensions.
- Valid US visa for multiple entries and one photocopy (non US citizens only).
- Valid I-94 in original and one photocopy (non US citizens only).
- One recent passport size photo (size 1.5 x 1.3/4 inches), in color, white background, no glasses, no smiling.
- Original financial records and one photocopy of each, such as: Last twelve months of your bank statements (checking, savings or investments) in US Dollars with an average monthly balance of at least 123,700.00USD*, or last six months of pension pay stubs with a monthly balance of at least $2500.00USD* after taxes.
- Payment of Consular fee of $36.00USD in cash, debit or credit card, no personal checks accepted.
I. To apply, minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by both parents (or legal guardian) and submit original birth certificate and one photocopy or original legal documents of proof of guardianship and one photocopy. If only one of the parents is present at the time of application there must be an original notarized authorization from the absent parent with a copy of both sides of their valid official ID, or original custody documents and one copy of them.
II. All documents issued outside of Mexico considered public records, such as birth, marriage, death certificates, court documents or school records/degrees must bear the seal of the apostille issued by the corresponding authority.
*Amounts may change depending on the official Mexican minimum wage and the daily exchange rate
The visa process can take up to 10 working days after the application has been submitted, once it has been processed the applicant will be contacted with appointment information for an in-person interview.
The visa services hours are: Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 12:00pm to 1:30pm.
Filing an application does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. All cases must be reviewed by a consular official, who will determine the approval of the visa issuance.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT:
Some cases are required to have an additional review and approval from the Mexican Immigration Authority; this process can take up to 10 additional working days. Unfortunately, the Consulate cannot do anything to expedite this procedure.
In most cases, if the applicant qualifies for a visa, it is issued on the same day.
CONSULATE OF MEXICO IN PORTLAND JURISDICTION: OREGON STATE AND SW WASHINGTON (CLICKITAT, SKAMANIA AND CLARK COUNTIES).