Visas English


The following visas can be requested at the Consulate:


  1. Visitor with no authorization for remunerate payment.
  2. Visitor for adoption process.
  3. Temporary resident.
  4. Student temporary resident.
  5. Permanent resident.



Appear before a Consular officer and deliver the following documents:

  1. Visa application.
  2. Valid passport or valid travel document.
  3. Provide the officer with the required information during the consular interview
  4. Comply with original or certified documents required according to the type of visa required.
  5. One passport size picture in color, showing face without glasses.
  6. Biometrics (digital picture and finger prints), will be taken the day of the interview.


Note: The Consular officer will analyze the information and documents provided by the applicant and if they proceed, along with the fee payment, the visa will be issued within the next ten days counting from the day of the interview.


For visas please request an appointment by email: Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo.


»Important information about traveling to Mexico

»Temporary Resident visa

»Permanent Resident visa

»Visitor visa without permission to conduct remunerated activities

»Visa due to theft, loss or destruction of temporary or permanent resident cards

»Visitors who do not require a visa to travel to Mexico with a stay up to 180 days

»Visa with permission to conduct remunerated activities

»Student temporary resident visa

»Visitor visa to conduct adoption proceedings     



Temporary Import of Household Effects.


Household effects are defined as those items that constitute the furnishings of a house and are exclusively for use, on their daily needs, by a person or family. This includes clothes, bedding, books, works of art and scientific materials, as long as they are not part of a collection for expositions or art galleries.


In order to be allowed by customs authorities to import temporarily these items into Mexico you must present your inventory list at the Mexican Consulate in your area to be issued a certificate. This certificate is called Certificado de Lista de Menaje de Casa a Extranjeros. In order to apply for this document, the following is required:


  1. Valid US Passport and four copies of the page with your personal data, picture and signature.
  2. A typed letter addressed to the Consulate of Mexico providing your present address in the US and the address where you will establish your residence in Mexico. You must also indicate that you intend to return your household goods to the US at the end of your stay in Mexico and to notify the customs authority of any change of residence while in the country.
  3. All household effects must be included in an inventory list. The list must be in Spanish and typed.
  4. Each item must be numbered progressively. In case of electrical appliances or electronics you must specify make, model and serial number (including kitchen appliances).
  5. The letter and the inventory list should be prepared in original and three copies. Original and all 3 copies must be signed as originals.


Applicants must present the documents required below to the Consulate. Once the documents are reviewed and authorized by the Consulate, an appointment to obtain the aforementioned certificate will be scheduled.


Importation of your household effects is temporary and only for the validity of your immigration permit and you may import your household effects only once. No motor vehicle may be included in the list.


For more information please contact:


Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo.


Arriving to México from another country