Non-Lucrative | Lucrative | Adoption | Temporary | Student | Permanent | Diplomatic


Temporary Resident students

This type of visa is for you if:

  • You are traveling to study in Mexico
  • You don´t have a work authorization


  • Apply at this Consulate General in person
  • Fill out the Application form, English or Español
  • One photo passport size (size 1.5 x 1.3/4 inches), in color, no glasses
  • Valid passport in original and one photocopy of the pages containing personal information, photograph of bearer and expiration date/extensions
  • Valid US visa for multiple entries; at least with 3 months of validity at the time of your filing and one photocopy
  • Valid I-94 in original and one photocopy
  • Original Acceptance letter from the School/Institution/University must include:
Applicant’s full name Family name and given name as shown at the national passport
Level of Study/Degree Specifying degree or type of diploma
Field/program of study General academic or subject areas
Name of Program/Studies/Course Specific name of the course/program or studies Exchange program, Internship, etc
Length of program Date a program begins and date of completion
Tuition fee Total fees required, including tuition and homestay if applicable
Full Name of the Institution and additional information            The letter must include name of the institution, institution´s mailing address, telephone, fax number, e-mail, Web site, and name of contact
Others The letter must be issued with letterhead; address and signature in ink of institution Representative


  • Economic Solvency
  1. Last twelve months of Bank Statements, last twelve months of international credit cards statements probing to have a permanent income for at least 727.00 US dollars or a letter proving to have a scholarship or other financial assistance.

Sponsor by parents or legal guardian (for students under 25 years old):

  1. Original Letter from parents stating that they will be sending their son or daughter the amount of, at least 727.00.00 US dollars per month, besides tuition (Affidavit of support)
  2. ID copy of parents (valid passports) and Applicant’s birth certificate (original and copy)
  3. Other proof of economic solvency, including last three months of Bank Statements, last three months of international credit cards statements, and Employment Letter stating position and salary per month, proving to have a permanent monthly income for at least 727.00 US dollars


  • Payment or Consular fee (only cash or money order)


Contact: Gloria Díaz

Email: Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo.

Tel.: 801 521-8502 ext. 107