If you are going to study in Mexico, you must apply for a Temporary Student Resident Visa.
1. Application for Mexican Visa https://consulmex2.sre.gob.mx/sandiego/images/PDFs/Solicitudes/Visa-Ingles.pdf
2. Valid Passport (book passport - original and one copy, you must have copy from the first, last and all pages in which you have visas or stamps).
3. If you are not a United States citizen, you must present a US alien permanent resident card (green card) or a U.S. valid visa (original and one copy).
4. One passport size picture front view white background (without glasses).
5. Letterhead sheet in original from the Educational Institution (letter of acceptance) which must be addressed to the Consulate General of Mexico in San Diego specifying the full name of the person concerned, level, degree and area of study that the applicant intends to carry out, the course name that has been accepted, total cost and period of studies. This letter must be signed by Official Representative and identification data of the educational institution. (original).
6. Documents proving economic solvency to cover the amount of the tuition and expenses for accommodation and meals during your stay in Mexican territory, (three last bank statements, - the complete statement month by month), which reflect monthly income a minimum balance of $400 us dollars at the end of the month or the last bank statements, - the complete statement month by month of Investments $4,000 us dollars at the end of the month. In the event that expenses are covered by one of your parents or family member, you must submit a notarized letter that states who will cover your tuition and personal expenses, as well as documents that prove your relationship to them (applicant birth certificate and parent’s valid official identification. If the bank statements took place outside the United States, you must present an original bearing its apostille or legalization and translated into Spanish by an official translator) original and one copy.
7. Pay $36.00 US dollars. For security reasons we don’t accept 100 dollar bills. (We accept cash, Money Order, Master Card, Visa or Discover).
Take into consideration that your visit to the Consulate does not guarantee the issuance of the visa and that the expedition of the same is subject to the result of the consular interview. It is recommended that airplane tickets are not purchased until you obtain your visa. The Mexican visa gives you the possibility of travelling to the country. The entry into the national territory will depend on Mexican immigration authorities at the port of entry.
Once you have all the requirements, you must book an appointment at http://visa-appt.consulmexsd.org (appointment per person). In some cases, we may request additional documentation.
The day of your appointment, your documents will be revised. If approved, you will be given a second appointment for the interview where you will get your Passport stamped with your new visa. It’s important to mention that if you do not speak English and/or Spanish, you must be accompanied by interpreter.