Temporary Resident Visa
1. Fill out the Application Download
2. Valid Passport (book passport) original and one copy, you must have copy from the first, last and all pages in which you have visas or stamps.
3. If you are not a US citizen, you must provide your legal residence (green card, US valid visa multiple entries, or I-797, I-20, DS-2019 advance parole from DHS –Department of Homeland Security), original and copy.
4. One color picture, passport size, front view and white background (recent and without glasses).
5. Original invitation letter of an organization (public or private) must be addressed to the Consulate General of Mexico in San Diego, requesting that the foreign person is going to participate in an unpaid activity in National territory. The letter should contain the following information:
a)Full name should be the same as the applicant's passport and nationality
b) Corporate name of the organization;
c) Official registration number of the company;
d) Purpose of the organization;
e) Full address and contact details of the organization or institution;
f) Information of the activity performed or the project that involved the foreign. The activity of the foreign person must be related with the purposes of the organization or institution that invites;
d) Duration or approximate date of completion of the activity carried out;
h) The manifestation of shared responsibility for the maintenance of the foreign person while in Mexico and their return to their country of origin or residence; and
i) Copy of valid official ID of the person who signed the letter of intention from the Mexican company (with photo, full name and signature “must be in ink, electronic signature is no valid”). ”). The name and signature must match both in the letter and the ID.
6. Original letter of consent (Anuencia) from “Secretaria de Gobernacion”.
7. Application processing fee $36.00 US dollars. We only accept cash and Money Order.
Please note that in case of refusal of visa, the payment is not refundable. We recommend that before submitting your application, you verify your documentation is complete.
Be advised that the time and process to obtain a Mexican visa may vary (one to ten days). The Consulate does not guarantee the issuance of the visa, and its expedition the same day you come. If you are coming to San Diego for the sole purpose of obtaining the Mexican visa, we encourage you to plan a minimum stay of one to three business days.
We recommend that you do not purchase your travel tickets until the proper visa is obtained. The Mexican visa gives you the possibility of travelling to the country. The entry into Mexican territory depends on Mexican immigration authorities at the port of entry.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, you will present yourself to the Mexican Consulate with your previously approved documents in original and the correspondent copies of said documents to conclude the application process and subsequent interview to obtain your Mexican Visa. Note, additional paperwork may be asked in certain instances.
For your convenience, if you do not speak English and/or Spanish you must be accompanied by an interpreter.