Visa approved by the Mexican Immigration Institute “INM”
If you are a Mexican citizen or foreigner (Resident) and you reside in Mexico and want to apply for a Mexican visa for relatives, you must start the process before the Mexican Immigration Institute (INM) in Mexico.
1. Fill out the Application Download
2. Valid Passport (book passport - original and one copy, you must have copy from the first, last and all pages in which you have visas or stamps).
3. If you are not a United States citizen, you must present proof of legal stay (Green Card, USA valid, Electronic System for Travel Authorization “ESTA” – original and one copy
4. One passport size picture front view white background (recently and without glasses).
5. File number (NUT – letter from the Mexican Immigration office (INM).
6. Application processing fee $36.00 US dollars. We only accept cash and Money Order. Please note that in case of refusal of visa, the payment is not refundable. We recommend that before submitting your application, you verify your documentation is complete.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, you will present yourself to the Mexican Consulate with your previously approved documents in original and the correspondent copies of said documents to conclude the application process and subsequent interview to obtain your Mexican Visa. Note: additional paperwork may be asked in certain instances.
Careful attention must be paid to the information slated in your authorization letter (NUT), since it must consist of the holders full name and passport number, nationality, date of birth, place of birth as appear on their identify documents. The capture of said information is the responsibility of the promoter and cannot be modified in the Consulate.
Be advised that the time and process to obtain a Mexican visa may vary (one to ten days). The Consulate does not guarantee the issuance of the visa, and its expedition the same day you come. If you are coming to San Diego for the sole purpose of obtaining the Mexican visa, we encourage you to plan a minimum stay of one to three business days.
Take into consideration that your visit to the Consulate does not guarantee the issuance of the visa and that the expedition of the same is subject to the result of the consular interview. We recommend that airplane tickets are should not be purchased until you obtain your visa. The Mexican visa gives you the possibility of travelling to the country. The entry into the national territory will depend on Mexican immigration authorities at the port of entry.
It’s important to mention that if you do not speak English and/or Spanish, you must be accompanied by interpreter.