Consul General of Mexico in San Jose, California.
Alejandra María Gabriela Bologna Zubikarai
- Ambassador Alejandra Bologna was appointed as Consul General of Mexico in San Jose, California, by the President of Mexico and on April 2nd, 2019 she was ratified by unanimity by the Senate’s United Commissions of Foreign Relations and Foreign Relations for North America. She took office on June 17th, 2019, as Consul General of Mexico in San Jose with active functions in the counties of Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey.
- She holds a B.A in International Relations from the UNAM (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México).
- Joined the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1985 and is a career diplomat.
- In 2006 she was promote as a career Ambassador.
- She has served as Ambassador of Mexico in Panama (2011-2015); Consul General of Mexico in Milan, Italy (2009-2010) and Consul General of Mexico in Sacramento, California (2004-2009).
- In the Embassy of Mexico in Italy she served as Attaché for Economic Affairs (1993-2000) as well as in the Consulate General of Mexico in Los Angeles (2000-2004).
- At the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs she worked as Analyst and Chief of Department at the Direction General for Africa, Asia and the Middle East (1985-1990); Chief of Department at the Direction General for the Pacific (1990-1993), and Chief of Staff at the General Direction for the Pacific and at in General Direction for Consular Affairs (1993).
- She held the positions of Special Advisor at the Undersecretary for Latin America and the Caribbean (2015); Advisor to the Minister of Foreign Affairs (2015-20016); Deputy Director General for Foreign Missions at the General Direction for Protocol (2016-2018), and Special Advisor in the Finantial Administration Unit (2018-2019).