Welcome to the Visas Department of the Consulate General of Mexico in San José, California
· All US Citizens are required to present USA Passport when entering Mexico (traveling by air, land or sea) at the point of entry.
· No visa is required for touristic purposes (visiting Mexico for unpaid activities and for a stay less than 180 days).
U.S. Permanent Residents.-
· USA Permanent Residents traveling by air, land or sea to Mexico are required to present a valid Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) and a valid, not expired passport or travel document.
Other nationalities or Non-U.S. Permanent Residents.-
· All those foreign nationals, regardless of their nationality won't need a Mexican visa as long as they are holders of a valid and not expired USA visa in their passport.
· If the USA visa stamped in your passport is already expired, but you have an official document or form proving your legal status in USA, you would have to apply for a Mexican visa at this Consulate (I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 Forms won’t be good enough for entering to Mexico without a Mexican visa).
· All visa applications are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
· Bring ORIGINAL and ONE PHOTOCOPY of the supporting documents.
TYPES OF VISAS AND REQUIREMENTS.
· Tourism incentives (visiting Mexico for unpaid activities and for a stay of less than 180 days): Visitor without permission to perform lucrative activities
· Diplomatic and Official visas.
TAKING PETS TO MEXICO.