Call The Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs, through the Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME) and its Consular network in the United States, invite “DREAMERS” of Mexican origin living in the US to participate in the Foro #Dreamers en Movimiento 2017, which will take place in New York City, May 31- June 2, 2017.
During this 3 day Forum, 120 Dreamers, chosen among the applicants, will have the opportunity to discout to participate in workshops, conferences and dynamics to strengthen ties of trust and understanding with Mexico.
- To bring together Dreamers living in the United States with relevant actors in Mexico, in order to contribute to their personal and professional success.
- To promote the empowerment of Dreamers and their communities.
- To build strong ties among Dreamers living in different cities across the United States in order to create regional and national work and exchange networks.
- To offer Dreamers tools to reach their potential as transnational leaders and to promote their bi-national identity.
- To foster initiatives and social entrepreneurship projects promoted by Dreamers, both in Mexico as well as in their communities in the United States.
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
To apply to this Call, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old by April 19, 2017.
- Be a beneficiary of DACA program.
- Live in the United States.
- Have a personal email address.
- Send all the required documents by April 19, 2017.
If you wish to participate in the Foro #Dreamers en Movimiento 2017, please send the following documents:
1. Completed application form (do not leave any blank spaces) available in the following link: http://www.ime.gob.mx/documentos/foro_dreamers_17_form.pdf
2. Short resume or CV (one page)
3. Any official document with your home address (scanned): electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.
4. Photo in electronic format (jpg, bmp, gif, jpeg).
5. Valid ID with photo (passport, matrícula consular, drivers’ license, DACA working permit).
6. Any document proving you are a beneficiary of DACA Program (Note- It is not necessary to comply with this item if you have enclosed the working permit as ID).
7. Graphic, documental, or audio/video evidence of your participation in activities oriented to the wellbeing and development of your community.
8. A 60 second (maximum) video in which you briefly share the story of your life, and which are your motivations to participate in the event?, what do you expect from the Foro? How do you hope to contribute to the Foro?
- Each required document must be sent separately as individual attachments.
- The video may be placed in a platform such as YouTube and send the electronic link in the same email. Or, if you prefer, send it through a link which directs to Dropbox or some similar application. Only the video may be sent through Googledocs, Dropbox, etc).
- In order to select participants, the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
- Only those candidates who comply with all the above mentioned requirements, will be taken into consideration.
- Preferential status will be given to applicants who show leadership qualities in their communities and in their everyday activities.
- Participation in networks, organizations, associations, and/or activities oriented towards the development and empowering of their communities will be consider during the selection process.
The Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME) will analyze all application forms received according to the selection criteria mentioned in the present Call and select 120 participants.
The following principles will be taken into consideration during the selection process: plurality, inclusion and appreciation towards the social and cultural diversity of candidates.
The list of the selected Dreamers who will participate in the Foro #Dreamers en Movimiento 2017 will be published on Friday, April 28, 2017.
The selected participants to Foro will receive:
- Return air or ground transportation from their place of residence to New York City. Journeys will start on Wednesday, May 31 in the morning and end on Saturday, June 3 (the most economic ticket will be chosen).
- Ground transportation, meals and sleeping accomodations (two persons per room) during the event.
- Materials to use during the Forum. .
- By sending your application form, participants accept the basis of this Call.
- The Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), through IME and the Mexican Consulate in New York will resolve any situations not mentioned in the present Call.
- Their decisions will be final.
- IME reserves the right to establish or request additional documents as part of the selection process.
- IME may share personal information of the participants with parties involved in the logistics of the Foro, in order to coordinate the correct organization of the event.
- Participants commit themselves to attend in all the activities programmed during the Foro #Dreamers en Movimiento 2017.