Transporting a Corpse into Mexico
TO BE GIVEN TO THE FUNERAL HOME
- Certificate of Death issued by Vital Statistics, with its translation into Spanish which have to be legalize by this Consulate. Fee upon request.
- Medical certification of death indicating the cause of death, signed by the physician with its translation into Spanish
- International permit for transporting the corpse out of Canada, issued by the Provincial authorities, with its translation into Spanish
- Certificate of embalming, signed by a duly authorized embalmer with its translation into Spanish. This document has to be notarized by a Notary Public.
- Copy of Mexican passport of the deceased
- Name and address of the Funeral Home in charge of receiving the corpse in Mexico.
- The corpse has to be embalmed following the rules and regulations of the Canadian Government.