TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA (MORE THAN 180 DAYS AND LESS THAN 4 YEARS)
- Visa application. (Application form)
- Valid passport and copy of the main page.
- One color picture, passport size, front view, with no eyeglasses and white background.
- Document that proves that the applicant is a foreign legal resident of the USA (I-797, I-20 advance parole, etc). This only applies for non-U.S. citizens.
- Consular fee $36.00 dollars (cash, credit or debit card – visa or mastercard).
- Proof of economic solvency:
a) Original and copy of proof of investments or bank accounts with a balance of at least $25,890.00 US Dollars during the previous 12 months. OR
b) Original and copy of documents showing that the applicant has a job or pension that yields a monthly income of $1,560.00 US Dollars after taxes during the previous 6 months.
AFTER ENTERING MEXICO WITH THIS KIND OF VISA, YOU SHOULD GO TO THE NEAREST “INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE MIGRACIÓN” (INM) OFFICE TO GET YOUR RESIDENT ID.
Consular Section of the Embassy of Mexico: 1250 23rd. St. NW, Washington, DC 20037.