Mexican Visa



Countries that require a visa to travel to Mexico




Legal Basis

On October 10, 2014 the new General Guidelines For Visas Issued By The Secretaries Of The Interior And Foreign Affairs (Spanish) came into force. 


Important information

  • A foreigner of any country traveling to Mexico on leisure trips visiting Mexican maritime ports by cruise, are not required to obtain a visa or consular stamp. The passenger must carry a valid and not expired passport or travel document.


Foreign Visitor Visa Exempt

     1. US citizens with valid passport.

     2. United States' VALID visa holders (stamped on their passport), or Permanent Resident card holders (Green Card), AND have a valid passport.

     3. Permanent residents of Canada, Japan, Great Britain or any of the countries of the Schengen Area, AND have valid passport.

     4. If your country is listed as EXCEMPT of Visitor Visa in Listing Regime by Nationality Consular AND you have a valid passport.



  • All EAD cards, I-797 A Forms, Advance Parole Forms, I-20 OR DS-2019 are not accepted to enter Mexico.
  • Be advised that the time and process to obtain a Mexican visa may vary (one to ten days). Although we try to process your application as fast as possible (usually in a few hours), the consulate DOES NOT GUARANTEE the issuance of the visa, and its expedition the same day you have your interview.


If you are coming to Houston for the sole purpose of obtaining the Mexican visa, we encourage you to plan a minimum stay of 1 to 3 working days for your request to be processed. 


  • Please note that in case of refusal of visa, the payment is not refundable. We recommend that before submitting your application, you verify your documentation is complete.


  • Marriage licenses or birth certificates from a country different from the U.S. need to have the apostille or legalization stamp in order to have a legal validity in Mexico.


  • Any documents in a foreign language other than English, must include a certified translation.


Types of Visas

The following procedures may be issued at the Visas Office of the Consulate General of Mexico:


·         Frequently Asked Questions


·         Diplomatic official service visa


·         Import of Household Goods (Example)


·         Non paid activities - Turism business transit


·         Permanent resident visa retiree


·         Permanent resident Visa parent or child of a Mexican Citizen


·         Replacement of the Resident Card of Mexico


·         Temporary resident Student


·         Temporary resident


·         Temporary resident by invitation letter


·         Temporary resident spouse of a Mexican citizen


·         Temporary resident spouse of a Permanent Resident of Mexico 


·         Temporary resident Dependent of a Temporary Resident of Mexico 


·         Permanent resident Dependent of a Permanent Resident of Mexico 


·          Visa with the approval of the "Instituto Nacional de Migración" (INM)



To book your  appointment please select the following link:

  Office Hours

Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. a 1:00 p.m.
4506 Caroline Street—Second Floor Houston, Texas 77004


Visa Fee:

$36.00 USD

Cash, debit or credit

  Contact us

Amounts required to prove financial solvency may change in accordance to the current general minimum wage in Mexico City and the monthly applicable exchange rate. To request the exact amount or if you have any other questions, please write an email directed to the Department of Visas and Documentation of Foreigner Nationals: Esta dirección de correo electrónico está siendo protegida contra los robots de spam. Necesita tener JavaScript habilitado para poder verlo.