On this website, the Consular Services menu is long and rich in information for the Mexican community residing in our consular district in Canada.

These services are the practical application abroad of a large number of Mexican standards, falling under private international law, which provide diverse aspects of nature affecting every Mexican and his family when temporarily or permanently reside abroad. They are usually related to nationality and citizenship for both Mexican born in Mexico and their descendants or spouses, where the child (a) receive Mexican citizenship by derivation of their parent (s); or spouse when you choose Mexican nationality by marriage to Mexican (a). This is a generous feature of Mexican constitutional system that accepts that it can be both Mexican blood (ius sanguinis), as born in Mexican territory regardless of the nationality of the parents (ius soli). Our law goes further, and even grants to the spouse of a Mexican (a) a process facilitated to acquire Mexican nationality. Such rights are not common in the legislation of other countries seeking to maintain its racially homogeneous people.

The baby born abroad, the son of Mexican or Mexican, begins to live a different reality from birth, having the right to two nationalities: Mexican by blood and foreign granted by the foreign soil where he was born, if that State so permits. Keep Mexican nationality will involve meeting a series of Mexican laws, in parallel with foreign if the foreign state where he was born also awarded his. It is important to know that Mexican nationality is inalienable and imprescriptible reasons why it is not lost even if the person concerned (a) voluntarily adopted another nationality and chooses to no longer keep up their rights of Mexican (or).

Who themselves are interested in maintaining their Mexican nationality, it is essential to know the scope and comprehensive coverage makes Mexican law on its nationals living abroad, regardless of their immigration regime or adoption of the nationality of the country where or born . As a Mexican, you will see on this website the services available from the time of birth outside our borders, to death.

Then I proceed to explain succinctly according to each stage of the life of a Mexican immigrant in a foreign country:

Civil registration of the birth of their children. Births and marriages. You can perform them at consular representations abroad, and obtain a certified copy of a birth or marriage will be raised as valid as you would get in a Mexican Civil Registry. If you no birth registration at the Consulate General also has the option to legalize foreign record with us and apply in Mexico with the foreign certificate of Mexican child born out of Mexican territory, the Civil Registry proceed to the call insert record foreign to become Mexican national and has as a try.

Over the years if that person of Mexican nationality living abroad, decides to marry another Mexican (a) may also do so before the Consulate General, and your marriage will be in Mexico and in third countries exactly the same value as if any held in Mexico.

Obtaining Mexican passport. This document nationality facilitates international travel, is also in the case of Mexico, and indubitable proof of identity for any purpose. In our country it is particularly important because until now we have not called national identity card that has the rest of Latin America, and many other countries. For most Mexican consular services, it is essential that first Mexican nationality is proven to be entitled to these consular services.

Conscription. By the immigrant Mexican or Mexican by birth or parents, at the age of 18, he must comply as in all countries with their registration obligations for military service. This procedure is expected to be made before the Consulate General. The foreign resident has the advantage that his military certificate issued by the General Consulate itself, can be released by the Secretariat of National Defense on availability a year later, without having to meet in Mexico with compulsory military service.

Revalidation of studies abroad. If the child (a) or young person has studied abroad and must return to Mexico, in order to revalidate with the Ministry of Education, should make your diploma, degree or certificate certified by the competent educational authority and request the Consulate General the process of legalization of signature for your document legal effects in our country, whether those of the revalidation or for the start of recognition records professions.

The registry records. In some aspects of the process to become a permanent resident abroad, the Consulate General can guide you on the procedure to follow to obtain certain documents in Mexico that will require foreign authority. For example so that through his lawyer, family or friend get the now called Background Registrales (prior criminal record certificates).

Powers of attorney and wills. If the Mexican immigrant has properties in Mexico, and no longer live in our country requires someone else to administer them, or go to court because of lawsuits and collections; or decide to donate or sell those goods, the Mexican (a) and so can the foreigners, will have to go to the Consulate General to grant power of attorney for your relative, lawyer or friend to do on national territory those efforts on behalf and the owner's behalf. You may also want to reject inheritance or grant wills on assets located in Mexico, so the person can go to give his will to the Consulate General.

Permits parents. If children continue to lie in Mexico with relatives or with one parent, you will require the parent or the absent mother give to the Consulate General permission for the minor children can be issued their passports in Mexican territory, or another Consulate of Mexico, if children also living abroad.

The Certificate of Household Goods. If the Mexican (a) decides to return to his country after having studied, worked or simply lived abroad for the minimum period required by law, then you have to go to the Consulate General to seek visa certificate of household goods so you can bring those different belongings of what constitutes luggage.

Survival Certificate. If the Mexican (a) is in the elderly, or in Mexico has suffered a disability, and receives therefore a retirement pension or disability; the pension can send the Mexican institution through the Consulate General and this will be issued to the pensioner survival certificate each semester, so that the Mexican institution which does not suspend retired lsu monthly remittance.

Shipments of corpses or ashes. If the Mexican (or) dies abroad and their remains will be sent to Mexico, the Consulate General can issue, based on the foreign death certificate, the Mexican record for purposes of proceedings in Mexico. It will also be the consular representation that cremation certificates vise or international transit body for entry of the remains to Mexico is allowed.

Assistance Services immigrants and consular protection. If the Mexican requires legal advice to any civil, criminal or commercial situation, or even if you have been arrested or are in jail and has no one to help, consular services will find a defense lawyer, he was debuscarán documents in Mexico that may favor . The Consulate General notified - if requested by the affected - to relatives in Mexico to give it help. The Consulate General may also make those official business circumstances warrant and qel defense counsel not disturb public order or Mexico or the foreign country where the Mexican in trouble are. In the case of Mexican children abandoned, the Consulate General also has the power to intervene with the authorities to the Mexican child or their parents if they are in Mexico.