For holders of pemanent or temporary resident status wishing to take their household items into Mexico. The detailed list of your household effects must be certified by the Consulate prior to import before Mexican Customs. A six months period is allowed from the date of the abovementioned Status granting to take your household into Mexico.
- Valid passport and four copies of pages containing personal information, photograph, expiration date/extensions and special endorsements.
- Original Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Resident Card / Visa and four copies. *Note: If you present your Visa as a proof of immigration status, keep in mind that your Resident Card will be required by the Customs autorities in order to release your shipment.
- Written Request addressed to the General Consulate of Mexico in Denver.
- Typed itemized list of your household effects in Spanish, with four photocopies. Such must specify:
1) The United States address indicating time of residence.
2) New address in Mexico.
3) Description of all articles, including those contained in boxes. All electronics and electrical appliances must indicate brand, model and serial numbers.
- Cover the $127.00 Fee.
Response time: Five business days after approval.
IMPORTANT: THE CERTIFICATE OF HOUSEHOLD ITEMS IS GRANTED ONCE IN A LIFETIME PER FAMILY. CONSULAR OFFICERS MAY REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DURING INTERVIEW. INITIAL APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE IMMEDIATE APPROVAL.